Please upgrade your browser.
The Sacred Gateway: Conscious Living, Conscious Dying, and the Journey Beyond 2020
The Sacred Gateway:
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
April 16 - 19, 2020
Detroit Waldorf School
- Bring a new consciousness to your own life and death
- Support those who are crossing and who have crossed over
- Expand your practice and knowledge of working with the dying
Through interactive workshops, triad sharing, keynote discussions with Rev. Patrick Kennedy, Sandra LaGrega and Jennifer Fox, Dr. Melinda Toney, and Hazel Archer-Ginsberg, and more, as well as experiential and artistic activities, we will consciously explore the spiritual and practical aspect of human life and death.
- $280 Supporter Level
- $195 Standard ASA Member Rate
- $215 Non-Member Rate
- $60 Youth Rate (Age 35 and under)
(Note: Workshops Subject to Additions/Minor Changes)
Thursday, April 16
4 pm Screening of short film The Art of Natural Death Care Detroit Waldorf School Auditorium- By Donation
7pm Screening of a Will For The Woods Detroit Waldorf School Auditorium- Open to the public! $10 Suggested Donation
Friday, April 17
10:00-1:00p Registration Opens
10:00-12:00p Choose from two pre-conference activities at the Detroit Waldorf School
- Exploring the Beauty of Home Funerals and Green Burial: Photo essay and Q&A with Merilynne Rush, MS, End-of-Life Doula Trainer and Home Funeral Guide (Open to the public. Donation accepted at the door)
- The Story of Detroit: A Walking Songtrail (Meet in the school playground. Approx. two mile walk)
12:00p Bag Lunch (For Purchase)
1:00p Conference Opening
1:45-3:00p True Living is Dying: The Life-Giving Power of Death Keynote Discussion with Rev. Patrick Kennedy
3:30-5:00p Three-Day Themed Workshops (Choose one theme and attend Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) ALL WORKSHOPS CHOSEN ON SITE
- From Loss to Connection Through the Arts: Reading, Writing and Drawing with Marianne Dietzel and Maureen Flannery
- The Lemniscate Journey: Exploring the Relationships in Our Lives from Birth to Death and Death to Rebirth Through Biography and Social Art with Sandra LaGrega and Jennifer Fox
- Giving Way to Grace: Chrysalis Emerging from Conscious Living and Conscious Dying with Melinda Toney, MD, Carole Shoaf End-Of-Life Doula and Katherine Blackburn, End-Of-Life Doula and Esoteric Christian Minister
- Ancient and Modern, Sacred and Esoteric Ceremonies For the Dead with Hazel Archer-Ginsberg, Julia Torro Schubert, and Guests
5:30-6:30 Choose: Eurythmy (Movement) with Susann Eddy, Threshold Singing with Gloria Cunningham, or Poetry with Maureen Flannery
6:30 Evening Appetizer Reception (Included in registration fee)
7:30-9:00 Evening Lyre Performance, Choir Song, and "The Redevelopment of Detroit" with Ken Johnson
Saturday April 18 - All workshops chosen on site/Saturday Lunch and Dinner for purchase
8:00 Coffee/Tea/Breakfast Snacks (Included in Regisration Fee)
8:15-9:00 Choose: Eurythmy (Movement) with Susann Eddy, Threshold Singing with Gloria Cunningham, or Poetry with Maureen Flannery
9:00-9:30 Introduction to Saturday Workshops and Group Activity
9:30-11:00 Three-Day Themed Workshops (See Titles Above)
11:30-12:30 Vigil Room Experience
12:30 - 2:00 Lunch and Table Conversations
2:15 - 3:45 Topic Workshops
- Consecrating our Dying with Patrick Kennedy
- The Soul's Journey Through the Spheres After Death with Mary Stewart Adams
- Acknowledging the End with Jolie Luba
- After Deathcare as a Healing Art with Tischia Bluske
4:15-5:00 Death & Healing Keynote Conversation with Dr. Melinda Toney
5:15-6:45 Dinner With Your Dinner Table Groups
7:00-8:00 Revelations From the Threshold in TS Eliot's Little Gidding Performance by Sarah Putnam
8:00-9:00 Memento Mori Ritual with Tess Parker
Sunday, April 19 - All workshops chosen on site
8:00 Coffee/Tea/Breakfast Snacks (Included in Registration Fee)
8:30-9:15 Choose: Eurythmy (Movement) with Susann Eddy, Threshold Singing with Gloria Cunningham, or Poetry with Maureen Flannery
9:30 - 11:00 Three-Day Themed Workshops (See Titles Above)
11:30-1:00 Green Burial Ceremony and Closing
$280 Supporter (This level provides scholarships for other attendees!)
$195 Standard ASA Member Rate/$215 Non-Member Rate/$60 Youth
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER!
Please Note: Cancellation fee of $35 before April 9. No refunds after April 10.
**Scholarship applications open. Click here to complete your application by March 30!**
We will get back to you by either March 15th or 30th, depending upon your application date.
Transportation and Lodging
The nearest aiport is the Detroit Metro airport, which is 30 minutes away. Please take Uber/Lyft/Taxi to our site.
Rooms reserved at the following:
Comfort Inn Detroit at 1999 E Jefferson Ave has a block of rooms available for us. Please go to this link for the $124.00 nightly rate. Breakfast is included, as well as shuttle rides to and from the Detroit Waldorf School. You can also call 313-567-8888 and say that you are with the Sacred Gateway group. The rate is available through March 26, 2020.
Want to share a ride or room? You can post your request or respond to requests at our shared room/ride board here.
|NeonCRM by Neon One|